- The average person walks approximately 8,000 steps in a day. This equals approximately 4 times around the world in a lifetime.
- 80% of women who wear heels will experience foot problems.
- Spicy food can cause stinky feet.
- Drinking lots of water can help smelly feet.
- Wool socks keep your feet warmer than nylons and cotton socks.
- Socks that are too big cause blisters.
- Some people are born with flat feet but the majority of flat feet are developed.
- High arches are just as problematic as flat feet.
- The foot contains 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments and 19 muscles (this is 1/4 of the bones in the body).
- There are more web sites on the Internet having to do with foot fetishes than with foot health.
- Most people have one foot that is longer than the other.
- There are 250,000 sweat glands in one pair of feet. These glands excrete up to half a pint of moisture in a day.
- Women have 4 times as many foot problems as men.
- Athlete’s foot affects 12% of the population.
- Michelangelo called the foot a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art.
The most common age to get an ingrown toe nail is between 12 and18 years of age.
- If left untreated, an infected ingrown toenail can result in systemic infection and possible infection.
- Warts are often misdiagnosed as corns or callus.
- Every wart has its own blood supply.
- Warts most commonly occur on the hands and feet.
- Children, teens, and people with allergies or a weakened immune system are more likely to have warts.